Reports to: Office Manager
Hourly Range: $10.00 – $15.00, Benefits
Contact: Pam Carr, HR Manager, PCarr@sct.us.com
Under the supervision of the Office Manager, this person is to support and maintain the SCT facility as directed. A progressive Occupational Safety and Health company, based in Middleburg Heights, Ohio, is seeking a qualified individual to perform warehousing and office management assistance.
The position of Warehouse Worker is responsible for all aspects of warehouse functions including the receiving, storing, handling, shipping and preparing of product for customer delivery while maintaining the warehouse in a safe and orderly fashion.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Receives material coming into the building by vendors, customers, or other warehouses accurately and promptly;
- Verifies the quantity and description of materials received by checking merchandise against the packing list;
- Prepares a receiving report if none is available.;
- Examine incoming shipments, reject damaged items. Appropriately report/record any discrepancies;
- To accurately place materials on shelves, in racks or other designated storage areas in an orderly manner;
- Enter quantity received against the purchase order in the computer system and print back order and inventory stock put away list;
- Attaches identifying tag or labels to materials or marks information on cases, bales, or other containers;
- Assembles and fills orders to be shipped to customers;
- Preparation of all shipping documentation;
- Review all orders to determine if they were picked correctly;
- Ensure warehouse/equipment is maintained on a regular basis;
- Safely operate all the necessary equipment in work area;
- To accurately identify and count stock materials as listed on the cycle count list.
- To run errands as directed;
- To maintenance company cars, trucks and vans
- Be able to identify product by size, type, style, color or product code;
- Solid reading skills – must be able to read orders/match orders on shipping tickets to items picked;
- Basic math skills and reasoning skills;
- Ability to understand and execute instructions;
- General understanding of the warehouse and footprint;
- Operate inventory control equipment, i.e., bar-coding equipment, handheld devices;
- Ability to work with tools and knowledge of general maintenance repair, ie change oil, add washer fluid, rotate tires.
- High school diploma or GED required;
- Warehouse and distribution experience
- Scissor lift or forklift training a plus
- Able to move/lift up to 50 lbs unassisted;
- Able to withstand temperatures in a typical warehouse environment;
- Position spends 40 % amount of time standing, walking, lifting, pulling and pushing;
- Position may require climbing of ladders for top-level selection;
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
This description is a general statement of required major duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continuous basis. It does not exclude other duties as assigned.