SCT Senior Vice President Rob Medlock addressed a joint meeting of the Greater Cleveland Safety Council and the Northern Ohio Chapter of the American Society of Safety Engineers on February 13.
In his presentation, Mr. Medlock covered OSHA’s Top 10 Most Cited Violations in General Industry during the 2017 fiscal year.
- Hazard Communication: 3,624 citations
- Control of Hazardous Energy (Lockout/Tagout): 2,884 citations
- Respiratory Protection: 2,600 citations
- Powered Industrial Trucks: 2,065 citations
- General Requirements for all Machines (Machine Guarding): 1,954 citations
- Wiring Methods, Components, and Equipment for General Use: 1,449 citations
- General Requirements (Safety Standards for Electrical Systems): 1,360 citations
- General Requirements (Personal Protective Equipment): 906 citations
- Occupational Noise Exposure: 520 citations
- Maintenance, Safeguards, and Operational Features for Exit Routes: 379 citations
Watch our video below for a quick recap of the event, and thank you to the GCSC for hosting such a great and informative event for the safety community.