Vice President of Staff Augmentation
$16.00 – $30.00 / hour (more details below)
Mike O’Donnell, Assistant General Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
Pam Carr, HR Manager, email@example.com
Under the direction of the Vice President of Staff Augmentation, the safety technician will act as a direct representative to SCT clients and perform a full spectrum of safety services including but not limited to inspecting work areas and equipment to ensure compliance with company, state, and federal safety policies and regulations. Responsibilities also include documenting safety inspections, citing dangerous areas/procedures and recommending corrective procedures, and maintaining safety equipment supply and availability. The successful candidate will, at a minimum, have knowledge of commonly used safety concepts, practices, and procedures and must be willing to travel.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Maintain and develop safety and health inspection log.
- Plan and administer site-specific safety and health plans.
- Develop ideas and generate solutions for hazards identified in the work environment.
- Provide safety orientation to workers.
- Conduct Safety Tool Box Meetings.
- Conduct official Safety Audits and perform walk a rounds to observe workers performing construction activities.
- Conduct Safety Meetings on construction sites.
- Draft safety audit reports.
- Apply lessons learned to conduct Safety Audits will little to no supervision.
- Apply lessons learned to conduct Safety Meetings with little to no supervision.
- Write reports to review with Senior Safety Staff, and then the construction site client.
- Calibration of equipment used in conducting air monitoring.
- Complete lab chain of custodies and send samples to the lab.
- Write reports related to Air Monitoring.
- Perform Air Monitoring on site.
Scope of Responsibility:
The safety technician will know the formal and informal company and departmental goals, standards, policies, and procedures which may include familiarity of all departments within the company. The safety technician is sensitive to the interrelationship of both people and functions within the company.
On a regular and continuous basis, exercises judgement and assume responsibility for decisions, consequences, and results having an impact on people, costs, and quality of service within the company. Makes decision and establishes work priorities on essentially procedure-oriented operations within the sales department.
This position requires the exchanges of information to internal and external customers in an appropriate manner requiring good verbal and written communication skills. Communication efficiency and proficiency utilizing email, phone skills, and presentation skills are essential areas of communication for this position.
This position does not direct the activities of staff.
Compensation for this position is based on experience and education. It ranges from $16 per hour to $30.00 per hour. Time-and-a-half after 40-hours worked per week. Company-sponsored health insurance. Participation in company simple IRA. Paid vacation and PTO days.
- Required: High School Diploma or GED.
- Preferred: Two years college or equivalent work experience.
Five years of related experience preferred.
- Experience in Workers’ Compensation including: self insured and Ohio BWC terminology
- Experience with the processes of MCO, TPA and the Ohio BWC
- Experience in occupational safety and health
- Experience working under deadline pressure
- Experience in and willingness to work with integrated professional team
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Troubleshooting skills
- Occupational Safety and Health Terminology
- Detail oriented
- Ability to satisfy customers
- Ability to prioritize when presented with multiple tasks
- Tactful with internal and external customers
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Sitting in a normal seated position for extended periods of time
- Standing for extended periods of time
- Walking for extended periods of time
- Communication skills using the spoken and written word
- Ability to see within normal parameters
- Ability to hear within normal range
- Ability to move about
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- SCT is a Drug Free Workplace
This description is a general statement of required major duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continuous basis. It does not exclude other duties as assigned.