Reports to: General Manager
Salary Range: $25,000 to $40,000, Benefits (more details below)
Contact: Pam Carr, HR Manager, PCarr@sct.us.com
Under the supervision of the General Manager, this person is to plan and carry out direct marketing and sales activities, so as to maintain and develop sales of SCT Safety Supplies in accordance with agreed business plans. This position also may perform duties of a sensitive and confidential nature.
A progressive Occupational Safety and Health company, based in Middleburg Heights, Ohio, is seeking a qualified professional to direct its Safety Supply Sales Department. General Duties include:
- Sales-brokerage of general safety supplies
- Pricing Sheets
- Client relations (local)
- Procurement of goods
- Vendor Relations
- Pricing of products
- Update data downloads and website product adds for thousands of products on SCT Supply website
- Inventory control of stocked equipment
- Shipping and receiving duties for stocked inventory and rental equipment
- Create packing slips
- Sales Orders
- Buying duties for in-house items and rental replacement parts
- Overview of account statements
The Manger of Safety Supply Sales is accountable for performing all functions related to the safety supply department.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Maintain and develop a computerized customer and prospect database.
- Plan and carry out direct marketing activities (principally direct mail) to agreed budgets, sales volumes, values, product mix and timescales.
- Develop ideas and create offers for direct mail and marketing to major accounts by main market sector and SCT Product offerings.
- Respond to and follow up sales enquiries by e-mail, post, telephone, and personal visits.
- Maintain and develop existing and new customers through planned individual account support, and liaison with internal order-processing staff.
- Monitor and report on activities and provide relevant management information.
- Carry out surveys about market research, competitors and customers.
- Maintain and report on equipment and software suitability for direct marketing and sales reporting purposes.
- Liaise and attend meetings with other company functions necessary to perform duties and aid business and organizational development.
- Attend training and to develop relevant knowledge and skills.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to direct and manage the development and implementation of programs and processes related to safety supply sales;
- Ability to foster effective working relationships and build consensus;
- Ability to identify, design and administer plans that support the company’s strategic goals and attract, reward and retain talent;
- Ability to mediate and resolve complex problems and issues;
- Ability to understand and use information technology to drive process changes;
- Knowledge of principles and practices of organization, administration, fiscal and personnel management;
- Knowledge of public health, occupational and environmental health and safety, pre-accident/loss control at risk management concepts and principles;
This position requires the exchanges of information to internal and external customers in an appropriate manner requiring good verbal and written communication skills. Communication efficiency and proficiency utilizing e-mail/phone skills; presentation skills are essential areas of communication for this position.
Compensation for this position includes a base salary range of between $25,000 – $40,000 plus 5% of net sales produced; company sponsored health insurance; participation in the company simple IRA; 2 weeks paid vacation; and five PTO days per calendar year.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Troubleshooting skills
- Occupational Safety and Health Terminology
- Detail oriented
- Ability to satisfy customers
- Ability to prioritize when presented with multiple tasks
- Tactful with internal and external customers
- Microsoft Office products proficiency including: Word, Excel, Outlook
- Sitting in a normal seated position for extended periods of time
- Standing at a display booth for extended periods of time
- Communication skills using the spoken word
- Ability to see within normal parameters
- Ability to hear within normal range
- Ability to move about
Education: Bachelor’s degree, with focus on business administration and sales development.
Experience: Five (5) years sales experience in the safety products industry or related industry. Experience with occupational safety and health fields a bonus.
Interested candidates should forward resume and letter of interest to Pam Carr at PCarr@sct.us.com.
This description is a general statement of required major duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continuous basis. It does not exclude other duties as assigned.