REPORTS TO: Vice President
SALARY RANGE: $50,000 – $60,000 and Benefits
CONTACT: Kelly Walters, Chicago Office Manger, KWalters@sct.us.com
Safety Controls Technology (SCT), a nationally recognized occupational safety and health consulting firm, is seeking an experienced safety and health professional to lead construction and manufacturing industry clients in our Chicago, Illinois, office. This position will manage high-profile clients in the Greater Chicago Area, throughout Illinois, and nationwide.
- Manage client accounts at a high level, including regular interaction with employees, front line and mid-level managers, safety professionals, corporate executives, owners, and attorneys.
- Conduct on-site safety and health surveys that identify hazards.
- Create prioritized recommendations for corrective actions based on risk factors.
- Develop a wide range of written safety and health programs, policies, and procedures.
- Develop and deliver client specific training on multiple safety and health topics.
- Perform independent incident investigations and prepare related reports.
- Lead multi-discipline safety and health committees, leadership teams, and claims management teams.
- Evaluate safety and health management systems and provide guidance on continuous improvement opportunities.
- Serve as a liaison and provide representation for clients with government agencies, such as OSHA and EPA.
- Must be able to work on teams as well as independently with minimal direct supervision.
- Some travel required.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in construction and/or manufacturing industry environmental, health and safety management.
- Bachelor’s degree in occupational safety, industrial hygiene, environmental sciences, or equivalent degree.
- Knowledge of OSHA and EPA regulations as well as ANSI, NIOSH, ACGIH, and NFPA standards.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Extensive analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in Micorsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook).
- Professional certification such as CHST, OHST, ASP, CSP, CIH, OSHA Outreach Trainer, Train-the-trainer (Flagger, Aerial Work Platforms, Forklift, Signal Person, First Aid/CPR) a plus.
- Bi-Lingual English/Spanish a plus.
Should your background not match up to the above job requirements exactly, please forward your resume or contact us directly, as we have positions available that are not actively advertised.