REPORTS TO: Vice President
SALARY RANGE: $16.00 – $35.00/Hour, Time-and-a-Half after 40 hours, Benefits
CONTACT: Kelly Walters, Chicago Office Manger, KWalters@sct.us.com
Safety Controls Technology (SCT), a nationally recognized occupational safety and health consulting firm, is seeking an Occupational Safety and Health Technician to support construction and manufacturing industry clients in our Chicago, Illinois, office. This position will assist high-profile clients in the Greater Chicago Area, throughout Illinois, and nationwide.
Under the direction of the Vice President and other Senior Safety and Health team members, the Technician will perform the following roles:
- Conduct on-site safety and health surveys that identify hazards and draft related reports.
- Create prioritized recommendations for corrective actions based on risk factors.
- Develop a wide range of written safety and health programs, policies, and procedures.
- Develop and deliver client specific training on multiple safety and health topics.
- Create and administer site-specific safety and health plans.
- Conduct safety meetings and provide safety orientation to workers.
- Calibrate air and noise monitoring equipment, perform monitoring on-site and related post-monitoring activities, including report preparation.
- Assist with independent incident investigations and prepare related reports.
- Must be able to work on teams as well as independently with minimal direct supervision.
- Some travel required.
- One to three years’ experience in construction and/or manufacturing industry environmental, health and safety management.
- Bachelor’s degree in occupational safety, industrial hygiene, environmental sciences, or equivalent degree.
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations as well as ANSI, NIOSH, ACGIH, and NFPA standards.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in Micorsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point, Access, and Outlook).
- OSHA 10 or 30 Hour and CPR/First Aid/AED training a plus.
- Bi-Lingual English/Spanish a plus.
- Sitting in a normal seated position for extended periods of time.
- Standing and walking for extended periods of time.
- Communication skills using the spoken and written word.
- Ability to see and hear within normal parameters.
- Ability to move about, including climbing ladders and stairs.
Should your background not match up to the above job requirements exactly, please forward your resume or contact us directly, as we have positions available that are not actively advertised.