Reports To: General Manager
Salary Range: $35,000 to $40,000; Benefits
The Marketing Manager works directly with the General Manager to draft and distribute content to staff prospects and clients. The Marketing Manager oversees two Associate Marketing Professionals, and the SCT Sales Staff, which includes a Sales Development Representative and a Cost Reduction Specialist.
The Marketing Manager oversees the maintenance of all SCT social media platforms, web holdings, videos, and the creation of all internal and external marketing materials for SCT. Additionally, the Marketing Manager assists the General Manager and Office Manager with office-related projects as necessary. Additional responsibilities will include administrative tasks such as assembling marketing literature; attending marketing functions, trade shows, golf outings, etc.
The Ideal candidate will have strong writing, interviewing and communication skills as well as a familiarity in Microsoft Office Suite, and the Adobe Creative Suite of products. Preference to candidates who demonstrate and understanding and proficiency in HTML, PHP, and Cold Fusion programing languages.
Areas of Responsibility
- Work with the sales staff to ensure they meet desired goals established by the General Manager
- Assist in maintaining lists of current clients and contact information for said clients
- Assist in creating and maintaining a calendar of services to existing clients, as to capture repeat business
- Work with/Supervise the Associate Marketing Professionals in the creation of written content that includes, but is not limited to:
- Internal/External promotional materials
- Blog posts
- Video scripts
- Internal/External Newsletters
- Speeches/articles for Senior Staff
- Radio advertisements for annual radio buys
- Student manuals for training classes (re-branding, printing, binding, and general updates as necessary)
- Re-branding of all training materials
- Work with/Supervise the Associate Marketing Professionals in the creation of video content that includes, but is not limited to:
- Internal informational videos
- Safety-themed videos for all audiences (one per week is the goal)
- Videos for sales pitches as needed by sales and/or Senior Staff
- Custom Safety Videos created for clients
- Assist HR with creating, and maintaining job descriptions
- Assist HR with posting open job positions on the SCT website, and other relevant job advertising websites and/or classified ads
- Create and maintain departmental budget, with supervision from the General Manager
- Assist with tasks/projects with the Office Manager and Safety Supply division as needed
- Keep track of department’s time sheets to ensure everything is correctly filled out and turned in on time each week
- Host weekly Sales/Marketing meeting for Department Heads and Sales Team, and keep minutes of each meeting
- Assist with ordering all SCT apparel, and taking inventory of apparel regularly to assess needs
- Assemble SCT capabilities brochures, Statement of Qualifications, and any other promotional items needed
- Order all outside promotional items including pens, clips, magnets, etc.
- Plan, organize and host company events as instructed by the General Manager/President (i.e. welcome meetings, annual holiday gatherings, open houses, etc.)
- Ensure all employees have an up-to-date résumé on file on SCT letterhead
- Designing and updating SCT letterhead as needed
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Customer-service oriented;
- Resourceful and take the initiative in seeking resolution when problems/issues arise;
- Work well independently and be detail-oriented;
- Excellent written and communication skills;
- Familiarity with OSHA regulations and vernacular in general industry and construction;
- Requires experience in Word, Excel and Power Point. Publisher experience a plus;
- Requires occasional lifting of 20 – 40 Ibs.;
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: occupational safety and health; engineering; education; or liberal arts, Master’s Degree preferred;
- Occupational safety and health experience in either general industry or construction.
Scope of Responsibilities
Knows the formal and informal company and departmental goals, standards, policies, and procedures which may include some familiarity of other departments within the company.
This position requires the exchange of routine information to internal and external customers, employees and management in an appropriate manner requiring good verbal and written communication skills. E-mail communication is essential along with proficient phone skills.