Reports to: General Manager
Salary Range: $40,000 – $77,000
Contact: Pam Carr, HR Manager, PCarr@sct.us.com
A progressive Occupational Safety and Health company, based in Middleburg Heights, Ohio, is seeking a qualified professional to direct its Occupational Health Services Department. The department offers its clients an array of occupational health services including:
- Drug and Alcohol Testing
- Background Checks
- Physical Examinations
- Universal Enrollment Services
- DNA Paternity & Relationship Testing
- Medical Review Officer (MRO) Services
- Consortium/Third Party Administration
- Consultation for Drug Policy Writing, Compliance & Advisory Services
- SAP Assessments
- Medical evaluation and clearance for respiratory protection
- Training services
- Adult workplace immunization
- Electronic Fingerprinting
The director will manage a team of between 7-10 occupational health technicians, across 3 locations in the Cleveland area, and manage an annual budget of $2,000,000.
The Director of Occupational Health Services is accountable for performing all functions related to supervising a staff including interviewing and hiring, training and coaching, evaluating performance, approval personnel actions such as pay increases, promotions, transfers and/or taking disciplinary action, etc.
Accountable for the execution of Occupational Health Services. Collaborates with the program Medical Director to assure clinical oversight of the Occupational Health Services program. Directs fiscal management, budget planning and quality assurance including program performance metrics. Directs the Occupational Health Services program including financial, operations and staff management and evaluation of all program components to ensure achievement of organizational goals and objectives. Ensures systematic adherence with all organizational standards and practices including compliance with all federal and state laws.
Directs Occupational Health Services policies, procedures and requirements, making changes as needed and consulting and informing senior leadership and all impacted parties, both internal and external.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to direct and manage the development and implementation of programs and processes related to occupational health services;
- Ability to foster effective working relationships and build consensus
- Ability to identify, design and administer plans that support the company’s strategic goals and attract, reward and retain talent;
- Ability to mediate and resolve complex problems and issues;
- Ability to provide leadership and influence others;
- Ability to research, develop and measure programs and services including policies and procedures, data analysis, standards of practice and clinical care guidelines;
- Ability to understand and use information technology to drive process changes;
- Ability to apply industry leading practices and advances in Healthcare Industry to program design and process changes to provide leading edge services to managers and employees in the areas of Occupational Health Management/Administration, Worker’s Compensation Medical and Disability Management, Infection Control and Medical Surveillance, Health Promotion, Integrated Absence Management Environmental Health & Safety Management, and Risk Management;
- Knowledge (Management and Administration) of Healthcare Industry leading practices and advances in Occupational Health; Worker’s Compensation Medical & Disability; Infection Control and Medical Surveillance; Health Promotion; Integrated Absence; Environmental Health & Safety and Risk;
- Knowledge of local, state and federal regulatory requirement related to the functional area;
- Knowledge of principles and practices of organization, administration, fiscal and personnel management;
- Knowledge of public health, occupational and environmental health, pre-accident/loss control/risk management concepts and principles;
- Knowledge of public health, occupational and environmental health and safety, pre-accident/loss control at risk management concepts and principles;
- Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
Education: Graduate from a Nursing Program. Masters of Science Degree.
Experience: Five (5) years clinical experience in acute care, occupational health and/or public health with minimum three (3) years Occupational Health Program Administration
License/Certification: Ohio Registered Nurse (RN) License, Certified Occupational Health Nurse through the American Board of Occupational Health Nurses strongly preferred
Interested candidate should forward resume and letter of interest to Pam Carr at PCarr@sct.us.com.